Monday, November 3, 2008

LoTS: Legend of The Seeker premier



Legend of the Seeker just finished it's two hour premier here in South Carolina. Did you watch it? What did you think? LoTS is based on a series of novels by Terry Goodkind. The series, The Sword of Truth, is the adventures of Richard the Seeker and his pursuit of the evil despot Darken Rahl. I never read this series of novels and I have heard mixed reviews from friends about them. The series spans 11 novels so far and I am unaware of a scheduled ending point.(I could be wrong) I thought the show had a interesting premise and strong archetype characters which people could identify with. The cinematography was reminiscent of Hercules and Xena and considering Sam Raimi is responsible for all three that is not such a big surprise. I thought they really tried to cram in a lot of events into the first two hours, maybe too much. I am not sure if lightning will strike a third time for Mr. Raimi and make this show a hit but both Hercules and Xena ran for six seasons and enjoyed a very devoted following. For some reason I am left unimpressed with LoTS. The premier time slot for SC was eleven to one in the morning, so my opinion may be jaded by my fatigue. I guess South Carolinians are not the target audience. But if you did watch the show in your respective time zones, please let me know what you thought, especially if you have read the books.

No comments: