Thursday, October 30, 2008

RPG TURDUCKEN!

Sometimes I like to stir it up a little, especially with short campaigns. They give one the opportunity to bust out all the random ideas and plots that float around inside one’s head without the players or the DM having to commit to them for a period longer than a few sessions. My personal favorite is my RPG Turducken. A real Turducken is a chicken stuffed into a duck, which is then stuffed into a turkey and cooked. So for my RPG Turducken, I blend a little Sci-Fi, maybe some mutants (my TMNT&OS comes in handy for ideas), into a high-fantasy setting (D&D etc.), and finally a dash of some of my old Street Fighter stuff. So the characters are Mutant Street fighters in a high-fantasy setting. This is also the reason I collect RPGs like a cook does recipes. Every once in a while it is good to blow the dust off those old games and take another look even if its just for inspiration.

No comments: